Q: AIRSAV Motorcycle Airbag Safety Jacket is reusable?
A: Yes, it can be reused if it has not been damaged. Replace the gas cartridge using the setting bolt and the hexagon wrench supplied with the AIRSAV. If there is a damage to the airbag, ask an authorized dealer for a maintenance check.
Q: If a rider forgets to disconnect the coiled wire and dismantle a motorcycle, will the airbag be activated?
A: A tensile force of about 25kg is needed to release the key ball to activate the airbag. Normally, the dismounting rider feels a strong tug to know that he/she has to disconnect the coiled wire before the airbag is activated. In fact, a small motorcycle or a scooter may topple over, if the rider forgets to disconnect the coiled wire before dismounting. Always disconnect the coiled wire before dismounting.
Q: Does the airbag system only suitable for motorcycle riders?
A: AIRSAV Airbag Safety Jacket is suitable for motorcycle riding, ATV riding and equestrian/horse riding.
Q: Which area of the body that AIRSAV Airbag Safety Jacket can protect?
A: When the AIRSAV Airbag System is actuated, it can effectively and fully protect the following body parts:
- Cervical spine (to prevent brain death caused by cervical spine injury)
- Spine (to prevent paraplegia caused by spinal injury)
- Rib (to prevent fractured ribs puncturing the heart or lung)
- Chest (to prevent intrathoracic bleeding)
- Abdomen (to prevent intra-abdominal bleeding)
- Elbow – additional protection pads (CE certified) can be installed to the jacket for overall protection
Q: How to install the coiled wire?
For Bike – Left (Correct), Right (Wrong)
For Scooter – Left (Correct), Right (Wrong)
For Equestrian/ Horse Riding – Left (Correct), Right (Wrong)
Q: Can I wash my jacket as it is?
- Do not wash or launder the airbag system. All-in-one airbag/harness type should not be washed/laundered
- Airbag system should not be dipped in the water.
- Take the airbag system and protectors (shoulder, elbow, back etc.) out from the vest/jacket and wash or launder the vest/jacket only in accordance with the washing instructions.:
- How to remove stains: Wipe the surface of the AIRSAV jacket (neck, hip cushions etc.) with a damp cloth to remove stains. Hang it up together with a CO2 cartridge, spray water on its surface with a shower except on the key box which should not get wet.
A: 1 year or 10 times deployment, whichever comes first.